While browsing through your contact list on Telegram it is possible to discover a few contacts you don’t know. Additionally, there are instances when Telegram also provides notifications when some of your contacts have joined Telegram and you’re not sure who it is.
In these situations you’ll want to erase the contact right away but you aren’t sure what to do. This guide will guide you through how to delete Telegram contacts across various platforms.
Why Is There an Unknown Contact on My Telegram Account?
Telegram is accessible across all major platforms, including Android, iOS, macOS and Windows. If you sign-in to Telegram using any of these platforms, the app synchronizes all your contacts from Telegram to the account you have created on Telegram account.
If you logged into your Telegram account through the phone or computer of someone else you’d be able to access the majority of their contacts on your account.
It’s not always user-friendly to use Telegram in synchronizing contacts between different devices. It’s another reason to consider to get rid of Telegram.
How to Delete an Unknown Contact on Telegram
You can remove any contact out of the Telegram account using any of the platforms. When you delete a person on Telegram it will remain the contact in your phone, but removed off the Telegram account. If you wish to erase a contact for good it is necessary to erase all contacts on the iPhone, Android, Windows as well as Mac device.
How to Delete a Telegram Contact on Android
The procedure of deleting contacts from Telegram is fairly easy on Android. Follow these steps to delete the single Telegram Contact on Android.
- Start Telegram on your Android phone. Telegram application to the Android phone.
- Click on to open the hamburger menu and then choose Contacts..
- Choose your Contact that you’d prefer to erase.
- Click on their image as well as their their name.
- Make sure to hit the three dots menu in the upper right.
- Choose the option to delete contact from the drop-down menu.
- Select the option to delete when you receive a confirmation prompt.
Use these instructions if need to erase all Telegram contacts from Android.
- Select on the hamburger menu on Telegram.
- Select the Settings in the drop-down menu.
- Select Privacy and Security.
- Scroll down, and then choose the Delete Synced Contacts option.
How do I delete the Telegram Contact from iOS, iPadOS, and macOS
It is possible to delete Telegram contact information using iOS, iPadOS, and macOS is similar to the Apple platforms, but is different from Android. Here’s how you can erase a single person on Telegram using iOS, iPad, or macOS.
- Start and open the Telegram application.
- Choose from the Contacts tab.
- Select which contact that you wish to erase.
- Tap on their Display photo or Name .
- Choose an edit option in the upper right.
- Select the option to delete the contact option.
- Hit the Delete Option on the confirmation prompt.
It isn’t possible to remove several Telegram contact accounts on macOS. Follow these steps to erase all your contact information from the Telegram accounts for iOS or iPadOS.
- Click on the settings tab in the Telegram application.
- Select the Privacy and Security option.
- Scroll down, and then select Data Settings..
- Tap Delete Synced Contacts .3 Images
How to Delete a Telegram Contact on Windows and Web
The process of deleting contacts for both is similar when you use Telegram via a Windows PC or web browser.
Use these instructions to remove the Telegram contacts on the Windows PC and browser.
- Click on the hamburger menu in Telegram.
- Select Contacts From the menu.
- Choose the Contact you’d like to delete.
- Click on their image for display or Name .
- Choose the option to delete Contact when you’re using an Windows PC, or the Edit button > delete Contact when you’re on the internet.
- Click the Delete You can choose to do this when you see an opportunity to confirm.
It isn’t possible to remove multiple Telegram contacts using Windows or the most recent web version. You can, however, delete them with Telegram’s old version.
Here’s how to switch to the older version and eliminate multiple contacts on Telegram web.
- Open the Telegram’s web by visiting web.telegram.org
- Click on the hamburger menu.
- Select the Switch to Old Version Choose the option on the menu.
- Select the hamburger menu in the previous version.
- Choose the Contacts Option on the menu.
- Click the Edit option.
- Select those contacts you’d like to erase.
- Select the Delete alternative, and you won’t be prompted to confirm your selection.